Fantastic Norway is an architectural studio engaged with building design, development strategies, mobilization processes, teaching and television production.
We believe every town is different; every place is in some way fantastic. Fantastic Norway aims to embrace this fact and through dialogue transform it into architecture.
Fantastic Norway was founded in 2004 by Håkon Matre Aasarød and Erlend Blakstad Haffner. The primary ambition was to create an open, inclusive and socially aware architectural practice and to re-establish the role of the architect as an active participant in – and a builder of society. The heart and soul of the office is a bright red caravan . The caravan functions as a mobile platform for architectural discussions, debates and workshops. We gather ideas, suggestions and stories from the communities we work with and utilize this collected knowledge in the design process.
- “Social Architect of the Year 2011″, Skaara Architects, Oslo/Norway 2011
- 2. Price “Blueprint Magazine award for best stand design”, 100% Design Earls Court London/England
- 1.Prize “The Iakov Chernikohov International Architeural Prize”, Moscow/Russia 2010
- 2. Price “Award for best Young Designers of 2010”, Norwegian Ministry of Cultures, Oslo/Norway 2010
- Honorable mention “Academic Journalist Price 2008” The Norwegian Academic Journalist Foundtation, Oslo/Norway 2008
- “FAD medal of honour” for “re-establishing the architect as a constructor of society” in Barcelona/Spain in 2007
- “Architects of the Year” at the Oscar Hansen Symposium in Bergen/Norway in 2005,
- “Architect H.C. Hansens legacy, biannual price for young aspiring architects”, NAL, Oslo/Norway 2003